The reason I have for telling the story was that I now wanted to put a praying mantis on the ribbon card. But somehow that doesn't sound very pretty. The card really does need a bug. If I put a lady bird beetle on the left side it will be two much red. A lacewing would be pretty but rather small to embroider. So I need to decide soon so I can finish the card and mail it. I tried a copper bug not very realistic but them neither is the embroidery.
Small copper bug.
Close-up of bug.
What I may end up doing is use the butterfly I made for the Herb Robert Project. It wasn't realistic enough for the look of the rest of the embroidery. When I get my nerve up again I want to make another butterfly using sewing thread for Robert.
Herb Robert butterfly.
Today I also made a black and clear crystal lanyard it came out 39 inches long and it was made randomly picking beads.
Black and clear crystal lanyard.
It was a very productive day I even made the final card that I owe for the ATC swap. The cards I sent to Canada have not arrived so I will make them all again and hope they arrive this time. Now back to reading "The Return of the King".