Monday, September 24, 2012

Planning a Polar Bear

Today has not been one of my best.  I've been resting most of the day.  Sorting through some books I found my Polar Bear project.  I've been having so much fun making ribbon projects I had forgotten that they were just practise for decorating the bear!  So tonight  I will start planning the design for the face.  I've always loved the ribbon decorated toys and now I can make my own!  I've been looking at the book "Explorng Elizabethan Embroidery" by Dorothy Clarke.  The book has some lovely designs but almost all of them are done in the chain stitch.  Perhaps taking a abstract flower and putting it on a cheek of the polar bear.  Of course it needs heavy embroidery on the top of the head and ears.  Also the book "The Art of Silk Ribbon Embroidery" by Judith Baker Montano has a beautiful example of ribbon decorated bears.  But I want to make a bear that is less organized and more spontaneous in design.  This is going to take some thought.  Time to try and sketch a polar bear and choosing some colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment