Saturday, September 8, 2012

Finishing!

Today I was working on so stuff when I finally decided to finish the little covered box.  This may become a gift idea for the future.  I know a lot of people who would love a ribbon decorated box with thread inside.  Sometimes I feel guilty that I give everyone the same gifts at Christmas.  Which ends up being whatever hobby I'm doing in November.  If someone was smart they would buy me a kit for the hobby they wanted!  Anyway this year looks like book and jewelry will be the gifts.  Both these categories there is a surplus of supplies.  Maybe I will do recycled gifts and make some more baskets from old sheets!  Somehow I don't think that will go over well!

So while I was trying to get something finished today I couldn't find my purple blended rose or the button rose.  It became very irritating that I couldn't find them.  It took a while to find them and I swore I would not make anything new except to finish a current project.  So until next Saturday I will keep working on stuff,  Then the ones meant as gifts will be safely put away for later.

So today I am finishing both roses.  The button rose needed two side petals to make it look balanced.  For the blended rose I made a calyx and stem cover.  This will be the first time making them and it is rather wonky.  So I will work on it and post a picture tomorrow.

 
Blended Tea Rose.
 
 
Side view of blended tea rose.
 
\\
 
Button rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment