First I really love the Kanzashi flower tool by Clover. After looking at youtube for instructions I wandered into making Kanzashi without a tool. Very fascinating and not as difficult to make the petals as the flower looks. Yesterday evening I just didn't feel like working on the crocheted doll. So I made petals with the Kanzashi tool. But I twisted the petals so they look more like ribbon petals.
Kanzashi tool flower.
This will save on buying ribbons because I can now use any lightweight fabric! They really look like bits of ribbon. The only downside is that the petals are to thick and short to make a stemmed flower. I plan on buying the larger tool to see if that will work. I'm thrilled because this will give me a much larger color range too. I've started a second row of petals using some of the pink gingham fabric. Next thing you know I will be getting out my button box and making matching button! I am so crazy!
Closeup of peacock.
The peacock has been on hold, I was looking for the goldstone for the eye. I think it is rather silly and cute. The peacock had been sewn to the background fabric. Just needs some embroidery and maybe fabric paint and it will make a good cover for a needle case.
Finally I have been working on the smocked ornament. The fabric isn't enough to cover the ornament ball so I may need to buy smaller balls. Slowly I am getting the fabric organized. Since the fabric is to small when pleated I may just use this as a practise piece instead of buying smaller balls. Still can't figure out how this will work, the instructions for the ornament aren't that good. So I guess it will take some trial and error. Or maybe I will make it into a second needle case cover, I have hundreds of needles that I keep with different needle arts. It makes sense to put needles with each project. But sometimes I think of putting them in one place like my sewing box. But then mountcraft will have a landslide and bury it!
I have been organizing the beads. Just rough sorting them by color first. My bag of clear crystals and white beads weighted out at 4 pounds 5 ounces! That is not counting one box I have separate. Just can't get the courage to sort them into size and type. I have gotten the beads out of the drawers so I can roll them into the craft area. It would be great to get the beads out of the bedroom. It would give us room for another book shelf. Maybe I could just start by sorting out the AB finish crystals.
Think I will try some quilling before getting back to the doll. Hope you all have a nice evening full of crafting!