Friday, October 26, 2012
The crocheted doll is coming along slowly. The arms are finished and I should be able to complete one leg tonight. The pattern is quite easy, it is just working the crochet rows of 12 sc. It is just making my hands work in such a tight tube for the legs. So I took a break and have been playing with the new Clover petal tool. I found some light weight satin which I purchased at the dollar fabric store in Solvang. The satin is working into a really pretty rose. Instead of working with the instructions I am folding back the edges and then folding the bottom of the petals and shaping them like a ribbon rose. I am considering using the flower in a ribbon flower necklace. The necklace would be choker length with different flower techniques and even some pearls. It should be very pretty when I'm done.