Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ribbon Flowers

Well the dyed ribbon flowers came out really well.  I have not heat set them yet but the colors are more blended then when they were wet.  I took the yellow flower and did some figure 8's behind the center to make looping petals.  I don't know if I like the petals or not.  I got out the polar bear project and the ribbon flowers are to big for the size of the bears head.  Too bad, it looks like I will have to use silk ribbon.  The polyester ribbons are to thick to make flowers that are small enough.  I wanted to use the polyester ribbon because it is more durable for a children's toy.  I'm sure it will look beautiful when it is done, and with three brand new grand nephews I'm sure the polar bear will find a home.

Dried ribbon flower.
Ribbon flower with figure 8 petals.
It has been a long day and I deserve a rest after all the sorting!  I just found my Teneriffe wheel!  So I may stay up after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment