Friday, August 3, 2012

Tubular Peyote Stitch

At 2:30 this morning I woke up believing that I could do tubular peyote stitch if I started right then!  So mostly asleep I started looking for fireline to string with.  I have tons of zebra wire in silver, gold and copper in all sizes and accuflex in all sizes and colors.  The point is that trying to find the only spool of fireline was difficult when I'm awake!  Searching just caused a giant mess with beads going everywhere!  There are almost hundred ribbon ends scattered all over.

Drawer of wire and thread.

So when I woke up again I was much more awake but still had to settle for a spool of black silk thread.  Then I got out some Jablonex hanks in two colors of gold and medium and dark green.  The hanks were for French beaded flower projects.  So I took a strand of each color and mixed them together so the tubular peyote would be random.  It took a bit but I finally was able to make a tube!  Using the long thin and flexible needle really helped.  But the silk thread was not strong enough so I stopped for now and will look for some stronger thread tomorrow.  There are so many pretty things to make once you know tubular peyote that I am excited to practise some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment