Saturday, August 25, 2012

Fun with Ribbons

Today I went through some ribbons and old projects to see what I could recycle.  I also practiced making fantasy flowers. 

Practise flowers that didn't work out.
I made some more flowers and tried them on a velvet jacket. The idea is to heavily decorate a jacket in all kinds of flowers.  It has been a project I've wanted to do for awhile.  So after a few flowers I started pinning them on the jacket.  But they didn't look right,

Flowers pinned to jacket.
After looking at the jacket a while I realised that the flowers needed be smaller and not as dimensional.  So it is back to the ribbon board to make cabochon flowers,  I could even use buttons and goldstone as centers.  It will be beautiful!
Flowers I made today.
Experimental flower with lace petals.

No comments:

Post a Comment