Finished burgundy rose buds.
The Burgundy Rose buds are finished! I wasn't paying proper attention to the large leaf and so it isn't shaded correctly. If I had followed the instructions the shading helps to shape the leaf, my leaf looks very flat. While embroidering the leaves I realized I was still missing colors. So I chose the greens as best I could. The mistake I made was using two shades that were so close together that I had trouble telling them apart. So when they were embroidered it all looked the same shade. But that taught me a lot about choosing colors. Even with it's problems I am quite happy with the embroidery and I have learned a lot. The book "Needle Painting Embroidery, fresh ideas for beginners" is a wonderful book, the only problem I had was with amount of thread required to do all the projects. But if you buy the thread for just 3 or 4 projects at a time it isn't so bad. I'm looking forward to the other projects especially the birds. Tomorrow I will make the embroidery into a card. I'm sure it will be beautiful. Here are some progress pictures.
Filling in the leaf with shades of green.
Back of work.
Working the Romanian Point Lace project has been a little more difficult. This morning I copied the 1/2 pattern doily and taped it together into a complete pattern. Then I copied the pattern to a heavy fabric and couched the crocheted cord to the inside cord path. I am having trouble understanding the second crochet cording pattern. It uses three single crochet groups alternately, but I don't seem to quite get it. I was thinking that it might be fun to make a more decorative braid and use it on the outside braid path. If I can't get the recommended braid pattern I may just substitute another edging. Here are some pictures.
Couching crocheted braid.
Close up of braid couching.
Finished couching crocheted braid to the inner braid path.