Saturday, May 26, 2012

Just under the wire


It is really hard to come up with a project every day and I will just have made it under the wire today.  Went to Beverlys today but we didn't tat.  It was nice to see people and talk, watch people crocheting.  So no tatting to show tonight!  So I came home and couldn't decide on something to make.  I played with ribbons and spent time looking at books.  But finally I decided to finish a project.  The project is a scissor case.  I had embroidered the case with silk ribbon spider roses and lavender sprays from brazilian threads.  Sometimes it seems  harder to finish a project then to embroider one!  But this had been finished for some time and just needed to be made into a scissor case..  I took some pictures while I worked.


First I took the embroidered piece and placed it right sides together with the satin lining.  Then I hand sewed the two pieces together leaving room to turn it right side out.  For silk ribbon embroidery my back side looks great.  Next I trimmed the edges, angle cut the corners and turn it right side out. 


Picture of right side of case.

Next I folded the edges so it made a cone shape and I slip stitched the case together.  Below it looks like a cornucopia!


When it was sewn to the top of the seam I tied off the threads.  It came out a little  wonky because the square was a little off.


Next I sewed a cute button on the body of the case sewing from the inside to make it look a little neater.


Once the button was attached  I made a double loop out of Brazilian thread in a pale lavender.  I attached the loops to the top point of the case and woven the thread over and under to make a sturdy loop to close the case.  I also made a small tassel for the bottom.


Loops before weaving.


Back of case.


Finished closed front of case.


Back of finished closed case.

 
It isn't good enough for a gift so it is a good thing I don't have a scissor case!

I hope that someone will find this helpful. This type of case can be very pretty and makes great gift for embroiders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment