Sunday, June 23, 2013

Wedding Garland for the Bride

The last few days I have been working on a design for a Bride's hair piece.  She put some pictures on her Facebook page.  The flowers are to small for me to make them from ribbon.  So I took apart a tiny flower arrangement I made a long time ago and cut some suckers from the olive tree.  The suckers were very easy to make into a garland.  It came out cute but to bulky.  So now I know that I will need really tiny flowers.  Once I have the garland finished I think I will try making a basket with the surplus of olive tree suckers.


Bridal garland.


Close up.

The quilt idea is coming along.  I started lesson 10 the wild pansy and it is coming along slowly.  I also added the large round petaled flower yoyo and a small butterfly yoyo to the quilt idea.



Flower shaped yoyo.


Flower shaped yoyo.


Butterfly shaped yoyo.

The butterfly yoyo is supposed to have rounded upper wings.  I kept the upper wings loose and then closed them leaving them pointed.  It came out cute!  Lots of stuff to work on and the summer is going by fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment