Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fun Hat

Today after walking in the pool we went to Kmart to look for some more plants for the garden.  However I found a silly hat to decorate.  It was on sale and it fit so I got it to decorate.

 
Wedding style hat.
 
 
 
I wanted to start making silk flowers for the hat but instead I started a knitted shawl.  Monday when I was out I asked for help with a knitted lace pattern.  So I needed to cast on and do the knitted rows before the lesson tomorrow.  The pattern is from "Knitted Lace of Estonia" by Nancy Bush.  It is a small shawl with a lily of the valley pattern.  In return I am going to show how to start a crochet project without making a chain to work into.  So the hat will have to wait a bit so that I can try knitting lace again.  Hopefully I will get the hang of reading the graph.

No comments:

Post a Comment