Monday, April 15, 2013

Ugly Lilly of the Valley Bookmark

A lily of the valley bookmark seemed like a good project but it turned out rather dull.  The first thing I did was draw two leaves onto a piece of green linen twill.  I had never though of embroidering on twill until I saw a project using twill.  So to stabilize the fabric I used a split stitch on the outline.  Then a row of small chain stitch on top of the split stitch.  Then after embroidering the lily I cut out the leaves close to the outline and then buttonholed the leaf edges.  These steps made a very strong padded edge.  The design was the problem.  Just needs to look a bit more exciting.  I promised to make a bookmark for a reading program.  I am supposed to turn it in on Saturday so I have to get working on it and make a name tag too!

No comments:

Post a Comment