Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Patterns of Fashion 3

This year I have been greedily buying books and have been enjoying them a great deal!  As part of my Christmas I bought "Patterns of Fashion 3" and 4 by Janet Arnold.  A review of the books said that the patterns were complex and not for the inexperienced sewer.  They were right!  Both books are quite interesting and contain many patterns which are from original pieces.  The patterns are 1/8 inch to 1 inch so they fit into the books.  So I got the idea of enlarging them slightly so that they would fit on a Barbie.  The first try came out short but I've a better idea now of how to alter the patterns to fit the strange Barbie figure.  The funny thing is that the skirt I tried looks like the burgundy skirt I was making.  Well back to sewing a bodice.  If this works I may try and make one for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment