Thursday, August 25, 2011

A few thoughts

I have been resting this week and haven't accomplished much.  The loom is sitting in the hallway waiting for me to finish warping it.  The orange and black scarf showed the need to practise working the edges so I am making one the same size only in two shades of pink!  We will see if I can improve!

Went to the doctors and I've lost 15lbs, losing a pound a week!  The trick is not to find it again!  The secret to losing is that I can't eat something I haven't made.  That sounds silly but for me eating ice cream and pastries has been the reason for the weight gain.  So instead of getting a dozen donuts or an eclair, I have to get off my butt and make the goodies myself.  So it gets me moving and I don't put nearly as many calories in yummy stuff as the stores.  Most of the time a purchased pastry tastes like eating a bowl of sugar.  We have forgotten that a pastry has many more complex flavors.  By throwing sugar at everything companies can use cheaper and less tasty ingredients.  Last night I made a carrot cake that was wonderful!  By using unsweetened pineapple and coconut it had just the right amount of sweetness and there was no sticky frosting to ruin the taste.  So the trick to having cake and eating it is to get back to less sugar in everything!  The best thing of all is that not only does it taste better but it also doesn't have a lot of junk in it to stabilize the ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment