Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Four ounce

I've been looking at knitted lace patterns and it is amazing that it can take as little as 4oz of lace weight thread to make a shawl.  I will enjoy making somehing so delicate and beautiful.  Using a size 10 thread I started to work on a lace scarf  as a practise piece.  But the needles were to large and the pattern did not hold up well.  So I need to get some smaller needles and start again.

In the meantime I have been practising my tatting and have the second round of the doily almost finished.    The meds I'm taking are causing some poblems and I didn't tighten a thread and had a real mess that had to be undone.  I've even been practising with a tatting shuttle and have been doing quite well but still prefer the needle method.  I made a simple set of rings in size 20 thread and it was quite pretty.  The trick is to put it down when it gets frustrating.  Hopefully I will soon be more productive and making lace edginings.

No comments:

Post a Comment