Thursday, September 16, 2010

Weaving at Cafe Noir

Cafe Noir opened under new management this month and kindly invited us to craft there again.  So yesterday I took my new loom and weaving book and sat at the front window.  I had finished my first project a plaid baby blanket.  So I decided to try using size 10 crochet thread and threading a double heddle!  It took me three hours to warp five inches.  So this project will be a small sampler scarf. 

There I was in the front window setting up and someone wanted to buy the scarf before I even started!  Throughout the day people came by and spoke to me about crafting and the loom.  It was really fun and I think  it helped the mood of the place.  I believe it is mportant to craft in public so people don't think that many hobbies are gone and to inspire others to be more creative even when drinking coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment