Scherenschnitte Rooster in found frame.
Looking at chicken art on pinterest, I found an image of chicks with bendable wire legs. So of course I had to make some chicks and put them in a wicker basket with a hen. Both the chicks and mom are still in progress. The wire legs had to be heavy to hold up a chick and therefore hard to bend into feet. I've got the chicks to the point where the legs are inserted. I just need to work on a design for the chick's feet.
Here is a picture of Clive the happy chick.
Clive the felt chick. Watch out! He has his racing stripes on!
Clive and his silly feet.
The third and final project for the tree is a country style hat. Unfortunately I couldn't find any red gingham ribbon so I used gingham fabric sewn into tubes, ironed them flat and created a hat band and bow. To decorate the hat I used cotton fabric and the large pointed petal tool by Clover. The sunflower is made with a large brown yoyo. The petals are made of yellow ribbon folded on both sides to the center to form a triangle and then gathered at the bottom. I think the sunflower came out cute. Maybe they will use the hat as a tree top!
Country hat with fabric flowers.
Close up of almost finished hat.